Purely Physical


The man came unbidden
On a stormy dark night
He knocked at my door 
In the dead of the night

I knew him just a little
I'd asked him over in jest
Never thinking he would turn up
In the dead of the night

But he took my words literally
I had told him I'd be alone
He came to give me company
Travelling miles to reach my home

He stood at my door 
Quietly smiling into my eyes
Hiding my amazement
I invited him inside

I never ever thought 
Any man would travel this far
Just to give me company
I mattered so little so far

He was wet and dripping
I offered him a towel 
A change of clothes
And showed him to a room

I went into the kitchen 
And rummaged for some food
Heated it up on the quick 
And laid it out to eat

He did not look at the food
But led me to the chaise
Sat at my feet 
And put his hands on my knees

I  pulled up my legs with a start
And sat there unmoving
I had not expected this
I thought of him as a friend

He moved back just a little 
Not loosing his poise
His eyes locked into mine
His lips still smiling

He thoughtfully got up 
And moved to a chair
He gently said, no fear 
You are safe when I am here

I relaxed but a little
And nervously smiled
He sat back in his chair
And gave me some space

We started talking
He allayed my fears
I sat back in my chair
And gave him my ears

He said, don't you worry
It is no big deal
We shall still remain
As we are - just friends

I wondered how it would feel
To be in the arms of a man
Untouched I'd been for ages
Would my body thaw to heat?

I sat in still silence
Nodded my head in compliance 
Taking my hand in his
He led me to my bed

I stood in the room
Numb and wooden;unfeeling 
He stood so very close
He brushed his lips on mine 

My mind had traveled  out
I looked inside to see
An empty hollow space 
Where my heart should be 

I waited calm and patient 
For feeling to flow back into me
So long they had lay dormant
Were they too dead to revive?

He very gentle embraced
I think he was scared I would  crumble 
Lay me on my bed
And ran his fingers over me

I lay willing my body
To wake and feel the heat
The man, he did not give up
He started working on me

The blood in my veins warmed 
Slowly I started to feel
The passion of the man
Lying  over me

Then there was no looking  back
I clung  to him in need
We scaled the heights together 
The lows we lay all spent

I hugged him next day morning 
Not wanting him to leave 
My man, he kissed in promise 
To come back very soon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laughter

Emotional Turbulance

Face to Face