He sat across the seat The man in the train I stole a quick glance And found his eyes on me I looked away quickly Not wanting to smile Yet his rough-hewn stubbly face Caught my fancy just fine I sat quite nonchalant My eyes glued to the window He sat there looking at me Eyes so soft and tender I moved not a muscle I sat as still as stone Feeling my heart warm up Not wanting to break the spell Suddenly I turned my head And looked him straight in the eye My eyes bold, shot a warning Daring him to stare He moved his eyes quickly And sat looking out I sat feeling a bit lost Did I really matter so little? I did not look at him again I did not mend the thread There were loftier things in life So get over this trivial tryst He slowly stretched his legs Wearily, the journey did seem long His legs now lay on either side Close, yet not touching mine I sat in the safe enclosure My legs could feel the warmth ...
Comments
Post a Comment