Frog in a Well

Once upon a time
In the land of Rama
There lived a frog
In a deep dark well

He lived all alone
The well was his world
He knew no one else
No one else but Rama

His fears, his tears , his sorrow
His laughter and every achievement
He would  share with Rama
Who lived in his heart

He was happy in solitude
He chanted  when he was glad
He chanted when he was in pain
Rama, Rama,Rama

One day  Rama came by
He stood near the well
And looked inside to see
The darkness  and nothing else

The frog sat in rapture
His God has come to see him
He chanted with all his heart
Rama, Rama, Rama

Rama heard the deep humming  sound
And moved back in surprise
'Who is this' he asked
The frog chanted louder

Growing quite alarmed
He quickly  drew an arrow
Cast it in his bow
And aimed into the well

The arrow pierced the frog
The pain was hard to bear
The frog grew silent
The humming  stopped

Rama got intrigued
He lit a torch and looked
He saw the frog inside
The arrow  had pierced him through

With  a cry of deep remorse
Rama clambered down the well
Picked up the frog
And pulled the arrow out

He asked the little  frog
'Why didn't you  answer !
Oh, why didn't  you answer
When I shouted down'

Tears rolling  down his cheeks
The frog fixed his round eyes
On his idol's face
Sobbing in deep pain

Lord,  my Lord,  he answered
You are my only  friend
In my lonely  world
I know no one else

When am happy I call you
I call you when am sad
When life hurts me I call you
I call you when am alone

When you  yourself hurt me
Gave me this unbearable  pain
Who will I call, tell me
I have no one else

Heed me, all ye  parents
Your child is that frog in the well
He knows no one else
No one else but you

You can pierce him with your arrows
He will not make a sound
The outside all tranquil 
Insides churning

His outward bravado
May hide an insecure little  child
The scars remain lifelong
Breaking open  at certain times

Hurt him not by words
Hurt him not by deeds
He is a precious human
Entrusted  to you

Trust him
Give him respect
He is not yours to break
He needs your love and care
Till he is strong  enough  to fly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laughter

Emotional Turbulance

Face to Face