Interlude

With a rush of adrenaline
Quickening my pace
I briskly walked
Through the sun dappled ways

The city lay
Like an unknown maze
Roads alluring; unexplored
Mystic; teeming streets

I stood at the crossroads
Alone; eyes a-twinkle
The day stretching ahead
Promising adventures and thrill

Ignoring the stares
Of the loitering few
A newcomer in the city
Sticking out in the milieu

I walked with a swagger
Recklessly buoyant
Footloose and fancy free
In the unknown land

Unknown streets
Unseen faces
Even the little shrubbery
Seeming exotic;diverse

I peeped into shops
Enjoying the sight
Of wares enchanting
Smells cloyingly sweet

The mid-day sun
Beating on my face
I soon got tired
And turned to go home

Ahead loomed the metro
I darted up the steps
At the ticket counter
Checked for the place

Was it Jubilee Hills?
I thought it was so
Took the ticket
Proceeded to the gate

Reaching the station
I looked around
Hoping I was right
Yet not really vexed

I casually asked
A girl standing near
She gracefully agreed
To see me by

She was going to the same place
And we got achatting
We were joyous to discover
That we bore the same name

It was a wonder
Two strangers from far
Meeting by sheer chance
Did destiny play a hand?

We happily chatted
Holding the handrails of the train
Like two friends thrown together
By the nuances of fate

Over Shaifabad
The mosques painted green
The Bade Miyan Kebabs
Offering delights umpteen

Hyderabad, the city of grandeur
Flew past the window screen
A small doubt nagged my mind
Was I going to the right place ?

My friend noted my unease
I explained to her
We checked the google map
Giggling together

It was Jubilee Bus Stop
And not Jubilee Hills
She said not to worry
Take the next train from Ameerpet

I thanked her profusely
When we parted ways
She said with a hug
Take care, am happy we met

Thus ran my adventure in Hyderabad
Having met a beautiful soul
I returned to mundane life
My faith in humanity restored.




































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laughter

Emotional Turbulance

Face to Face