Mettle

There is a place 
Deep in my heart
Where I keep things hidden 
Away from my eyes

Foolish things done long ago
Wrapped in a foil of  youthfulness
Life's choices wrongly made
Covered in blissful  ignorance 

Some images indelibly  etched
That surfaces at certain times
I may not be proud of them
But they made what I am

I keep another place to counter it
The happy, peaceful and good times
Carved lovingly in my mind's eye
The shutter quick to capture it

A day from school 
When my teacher  praised
My grandfather gruff 
Showing his grace

A random fleeting scene
Of two ladies sitting at a kerb
Knitting and chatting in the winter sun 
Oblivious to the morning  rush

Of  love and fortitude unblemished 
That forever my heart regales
I polish them to brilliance 
To bring out when my morale fails.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laughter

Emotional Turbulance

Face to Face