Emotional Turbulance

A stinging behind my eyes
The unshed tears 
I will not shed them
For I'm  well over the pain

I often stand apart
And watch my emotions  broil
Wondering  at times
Why my eyes still  feel the strain

Who should I  trust
My eyes or my heart
Do my eyes reflect my heart
Or independently cry

I thought I was well over
The  angst and the hurt
But it creeps on me  unawares
At moments,weak ,unguarded

At a touch of genuine solicitude
From another unbidden
At a look of true concern that says
What happened to you, my dear

I look upon these feelings 
The metacognition empowering
I am my own lab rat
I search for meaning within

Telling myself I am strong 
I pull  up my spine 
Push back my shoulders 
And hold my head high

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laughter

Face to Face