Heartfelt



I went searching one day
To the realm of my heart
To seek out the chambers
Where memories lay


Twilight lay enticingly on the way 
A twinkle marked the entrance ahey
I stepped into the first chamber, sombre and grey
The ventilator clouded, letting in barely a ray

Holding my breath, curiously aware
Of the slightest changes in the lair 
I moved my eyes slowly, taking care
To catch every sway of the heavy air 


Seeing a wraith of my yester years
One I had wronged?
Or was I the  wronged one then?
So went wisdom of after thought.

The lies, the deceit
The painful heartbreaks
The guilt, the remorse
The tear filled goodbyes

All human follies
Laid bare to the bone
Bittersweet; yet all mine own
Lay strewn around; forlorn


I looked at them carefully
Waiting to fend a stab of pain
A minute , then two, and feeling fine
I walked out not caring to linger long

Making sure to keep open the door 
Let in the air, cool and fresh
Let there be light
Let in the warmth

Walking out with a steady gait
I stepped into the second chamber, buoyant and light
The air felt crisp, fragrant and pure
It held all the love, precious and secure

Opening my arms to gather them all
The gentle breeze caressing my soul
I surrendered myself to the blissful lore
And stood a long time immersed in joy

Awash in bliss, alight with wonder
I ran my eyes tenderly over the treasured trove 
Saw love in all different colours
Oh, they made such a pretty rainbow!

I walked out not bothering to close the door
What lay inside needed to be by my side
Love multiplies when shared around
The world can do with one dose more

Two more doors stood quietly by
Not giving a sign to what lay within
I walked to the one painted blue
The other was painted in brilliant hues

A whistle escaped my pursed lips
As I disbelievingly beheld
The thousand opportunities 
The ornate racks held

The tender love that may have bloomed
The job that may have got better yields
Every shot that I did miss
Lay in a corner overlooked

In the spotlight, sparkling bright
Were the many chances that I did pick
The wisdom gained; the lessons learnt 
From living a life not very perfect

I stepped out with a smile on my lips
Glad to have emerged whole
Albeit with scratches and nicks
Still unbroken in spirit, unshaken in faith

The fourth and last door stood ajar
I heard music and laughter from far
I stepped into a crowd of hundred or so
Friends, neighbours, family and foes

I looked at each face lovingly
They all fit perfectly into my jigsaw called  life
I stepped out quietly and wept awhile
Strange how the heart overflows sometimes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laughter

Emotional Turbulance

Face to Face